Thursday, March 3, 2011

Doing the FFA!

Well while i have begun to win my 1 on 1’s again I thought I wanted a bid of a different game experience, so I started playing some FFA’s(Free for all’s)
Well 1 thing is for sure it’s different, and its random, and you might as well forget everything you know about timings because ppl do the most crazy things.
I must confess I do find it to be rather fun, ppl go all in something with absolutely no defense, or they go massive defense with an expansion and just mass a semi high tier unit.

The first thing is possible due to ppl not scouting a lot except for the initial who is where an who seems to be a decent player scout after this it’s both too expensive and impossible to keep an eye / scout everyone. Also if you are to “active” on the map ppl are going to see you as a threat and you will be more likely to be attacked.
I Had 1 game 1 going for a DT rush ( The timing where Waaaaay before you would normally see dt’s due to absolutely no defense another guy went fast banshees again with no defense and they both showed up at my base 1 with the dt’s in my main and the banshees at my expo Outch.

Another Game this time on the map Metro I spawned close pos with a Diamond level 1 on 1 terran with me spawning as terran as well.
W mined out both outr mains our naturals he mined out the gold, and we fought over the middle expansion between us pushing siege tanks Thors Vikings for vision and a few bio units for support it was a pretty epic battle and drained all our resources, in the meantime on the other half of the map a platinum 1 on 1 player shared sides with a bronze 1 on 1 player, this ended up in a complete dominant position of the platinum player who could pretty safely take the rest of the map without too much troubles due to our hectic battle at the other end of the map and he could there by secure his win.

Well those 2 games I lost but I did manage to win a few games, I will probably play this a bid more in the future to find out what the best way to handle these games are.

1 comment:

  1. FFA is indeed fun, because you see all sorts of wacky stuff, but also because it has no affect on your record. You can try weird things and if you get teamed up on or if you have to bail on the game, no biggie. I like it because it's a no-pressure way to experiment.

    ReplyDelete