Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pros switching

We have seen alot of pro sc players switch to sc2 lately especially July and NaDa are some of the bigger names, also with both the Kespa "saga", and a lot of teams losing coaches/players rapidly it does seem like sc is dying faster than expected.

I’m not sure whether I am leaning towards this being good or bad. From a game pont its absolutely good, they succeeded where Counter-strike absolutely failed, I Think the Cs’eres (without being in the community at all) are still suffering from are you playing source or 1,5 or 1,6 problems. Having 1 game will make both the community and the game bigger in all regards.

But then again Starcraft broodwar will always have a special place in my heart and it saddens me to see it deteriorate like this, I Love(d) playing the game and I love Watching the pro matches, sc2 doesen’t quite give me the same kick.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. I'm enthusiastic about since I believe that SC2 need the Korean gaming culture to grow, but saddend that bw has to die in order for it to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Brood War was awesome and for a decade it rocked the house, but like all good things they come to an end, but from it a new game has spawned to hopefully give us the same BW expereience but with a better interface, story, graphics, and sounds. With the better technology and easier access to the interface, we will see great games in the future.

    It may not be as good as the original, but sequels often arent. But it is still hella fun to play.

    ReplyDelete