Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1 month summaries part 2

In This 2nd part of my 1 month recap I will be looking a bid at my team games.

I have pretty much been playing an equal amount of 1 on 1, 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 games, but only played a pinch of 4 vs 4

My 2 vs 2’s have mainly been played with Fafner, both of us playing random, and not having any straight up tactic to follow, so we pretty much played it by ear.

3 Vs 3’s have been played with a lot of different teams and some random team games as well

4 vs 4 I have mostly played with some irl friends who don’t really have any kind of refined play, to put it lightly ;-).

While playing at a lower level the team games becomes pretty fun because you can get away with almost anything, but as the level progresses it gets more and more into the “we rush we win” antics counting on mass lover tier units and early game harasses which can be tremendously hard to resist.
In 2 vs 2 you often see zergling / reapers, dual reapers / bunker antics and a lot of other semi cheesy stuff, and on some maps it’s just not manageable, which can be quite frustrating at times.

Team games seems to function a lot like it did in the original, all through the maps are designed a lot better and a lot more towards team games, and that does pull it quite a bit ahead of the original. Still i wouldn’t at all consider something that would be interesting as an Esport.
Warcraft3, although it had its faults, worked a lot, lot better in regards to team games then sc2 does.

My next and final 1 month write-up will be about my 1 on 1 games.

1 comment:

  1. Actually I think that the map design for 2v2 maps is horrible in Starcraft 2. They are way to similar and too much "shared base". I'd like to see Lost Temple and that other 4-player map that was in the early beta back in.

    ReplyDelete