Thursday, September 16, 2010

Teaching Sc2

I Was out visiting a friend last weekend, and between the normal drinking and that kind of good stuff, we had some time to play sc2, and to put it straight he have only played very few games under the beta and only played half through the campaign after the launch of the game, basically his multiplayer would be: "get 2 barracks and then 1 factory and have ~10-15 workers", so I would guess he would be a bronze leaguer, but I decided to try to help him out.

After teaching him some basic tools: Rotations and a basic strategy, and giving him some helpful tips, and piloting him though 2-3 of the first placement matches and off course him discovering the power of stimpack! He actually managed to end up in platinum with 4-1 stats only losing to a tower rush where 1 minor decision lost him the game.

To be honest I did not expect him to get into platinum watching his first games, but just getting a slight handle on the “basic macro” and the right mindset gives you sooooo, so much in the lower level of play.

And with my weakest site being my macro I think I learned something myself from what I was teaching and that’s just a nice extra bonus

1 comment:

  1. Macro is so important up into Diamond. Concentrating on it alone can help you move up through the ranks because alot of the time, simply having a bigger army and better economy than your opponent is easier than microing every unit.

    ReplyDelete