Friday, February 11, 2011

Getting back into sc2.

Well after 4 month break I’ve had my first few sc2 games,

And yes, I am terribad :-)

I’ve mostly been playing a bid 3vs3 and 4vs4 RT with Fafner, and 1, 1 on 1 - vs Fafners friend / colleague, he was only a bronze player so it wasn’t much of a challenge vs the player, but the real challenge was vs myself, remembering to macro, remembering to build pylons, remembering my scout remembering well basically everything you need to remember while playing sc2.
I played a very passive game to focus a bid more on my macro, this is not how I would normally play but I really felt like I had to focus on my macro just to get started again.
I ended up with an avg unspent of around 500-550, which wasn’t terrible bad considering I had an expo up, but not good either when the only thing I really had to focus on was to build crap.

Also ive watches day9’s episode 252 and 257, about basic mechanics etc, some interesting points there as well, ive tried to re pos my hands to use the hand pivot and to move my keyboard hand as well, it just feels terrible uncontrolled especially with my keyboard hand I can’t seem to do my grouping of units probably if I use my pinky finger as my Crtl key handler I mess up more then I usually do, but this might be one of those things you just have to learn and get used to but with more than 15 years of using my thumb for Crtl its tremendously hard to readjust.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/multitasking-trainer/

    That map is great for helping build up your awareness. Lately i have been using it to help me with my build orders while keeping a good rate of accurate and meaningful actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the only one that dislikes Day9?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Wingweaver, yeah i would deffinently benefit from doing those kind of maps, but i guess a lot of the initial faults will equal them selvs out just from getting back into the game, and knowing what the hell i am doing, the most gmaes ive played so far have been without a real plan and just playing by ear, tis usually goes "ok".

    Machael, i think day9 is the kind of guy either you lvoe him or you really, really dislike him and i think quite a few really dislike him.

    ReplyDelete